January 25, 2013

1940's

I am so in love with the era of the 1940's. Why? I'm not so sure. I think I love that "feel" of the age's romance. That romance of a true hero rescuing a lady of the time. The men looked so honorable, and the women looked like they were having so much fun! I know that isn't the reality. I'm sure of it since it was also the day of food rationing, men dying at war, and other sad and horrible things. Thank God for delivering us from those hard times! But I still love that exciting feel of the big band days, the grandeur of attending a movie when it was not so commonplace. I love the look of the war planes, the handsome soldiers, the confident young women going off to work for themselves for some of the first times in history. It's just fun to look at.



What's more exciting than looking at a 1940's scene????? Getting a chance to LIVE it! My hope is to plan a 1940's themed party for the bank's Heritage Club. I don't have a date or anything truly planned yet, but it's in the works. This'll be so fun. Here's to hoping my reality turns out as great as the thoughts in my head!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!