August 19, 2009

Fall and stuff...

Boy, does it feel like fall is in the air! It is about 9:00 p.m. and already darkness has set in. I sure like the longer days of summer and wish they would last longer than they do. I do need to remind myself that we are very lucky in the north that we get these longer days since the southern states do not have this period of time where the days are this long. BUT...(notice the BIG one...) we lose all of the advantages of our long days when the winter hits us so long and hard. I'd trade shorter days for a longer summer for sure!

One nice thing about the end of summer is the easier time of getting kids to bed though. It's sure easier to convince a 5-year-old that she should hit the sheets when it is dark out than when the sun is still blazing. Can you tell I'm trying to find the benefits of losing summer yet???? : )

A goal I have this fall/early winter is to begin spending more regular or scheduled time with God and in exercise. You'd think I'd have had so much more time in the summer to do so, but NO! Maybe with the setting in of a routine during the school year, I'll actually make time more easily to do some of the things I'd like to do. My plan is to join the intramural volleyball team and then also set a time each day for just reading the Word. Keep me accountable folks! I'm going to give it a good try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!