I got to go to a Beth Moore simulcast last weekend on Friday night and Saturday morning, and she was once again a wonderful breath of fresh air and lots of learning! So many times I wish I could broadcast her messages to my family, friends...everyone! There is so much to learn from God's word, and she makes it all so much fun and lively. (We do cry a bit too...)
The weekend's theme was about understanding and getting our heart's desires. Her 7 main points were as follows:
1. Nothing dictates our lives like our desires.
- A legitimate heart's desire is a sustained longing that is unaffected by our mood or our
2. Beneath the desires of our heart is the heart of our desires.
3. Delighting in God adapts our desires into inevitabilities.
- Pray God grants me a heart that delights in Him!
4. Nothing external can steal our right to delight.
- There are 3 things that we certainly do allow to steal our joy/delight, however. The acronym
she used was JAW. When things start to chewing on you, look at your own JAW -- the why
behind why you are not "delighted."
J: Jealousy - comes from a heart of insecurity
- It is desire tinged with resentment.
A: Anger - Really a fear of no control -- brings out resentment and distance in relationships
- Polar opposite of delight/pleasure
- The problem is NOT about them (the other person); it's about YOU!!!!
5. To make room for delight we have to commit (to change, to seeking God, etc.)
6. Nothing is passive about patiently waiting for desire to turn into delight.
- God has a reason He has not given you your heart's desire....YET.
7. Until faith becomes sight, trust God and do GOOD.
- Not "right" but GOOD.
I could go on and on, but these are the main points. So powerful.