October 12, 2012

Heading into Fall...

The days are definitely shorter up here in North Dakota! Interestingly, the days in Hawaii are ALWAYS short! Even though they have the beautiful scenery there all year round and the lovely temps as well, they get 12 short hours of light each day. So there! Life isn't ALL perfect in Hawaii! It just seems like you should get to stay outside and play a lot longer in the land of paradise, but the sun goes down around 6:00 p.m. each evening. So for your day's encouragement, realize that even the Hawaiians must feel that the days are not long enough after work, since the daylight goes away. : )



Happy Fall to everyone! I am finally embracing the idea of the oranges and browns, and I have proven it by placing some decorations up in my house finally. I hadn't felt like doing anything of the sort until just today. So, there's progress in me, I dare say!

The changing color of maples leaves is an early sign that fall is approaching in Fairfield, Conn. on Wednesday Sept. 19, 2012. Photo: Cathy Zuraw / Connecticut Post

On the schedule for October still looms the butchering of the chickens. I/WE have all grown quite attached to our birds, so it was with hearty gladness that I told my neighbor lady that I would LOVE to just trade some of her already butchered birds for my live birds in order for her to have some egg layers throughout the winter. Wonders never cease! I, of course, will have to get over the attachment to these critters, but, for now, I certainly feel much better about the situation. : )

Photo: Alice, obviously


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!