March 2, 2010

Convictions

Praise the Lord, He's still talking to me! They say if your conscience does not bother you, be very worried! Well, I do have to say thank you to Pastor Mike for the Sunday before last's sermon on tithing. I have been so bugged lately that we have not been giving as we should since it seems we are continually short of money. HOWEVER, I was very convicted by the verse that has spoken to me so many times throughout my life.

Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Glory! I have fears, of course, but I AM going to "test" God in this. We must. It is obedience. This verse is the only time in the Bible God says to test Him. Other places say do not put the Lord your God to the test. Very interesting. It certainly shows how serious God is about our money...excuse me, HIS money. Everything is His in the first place. I just need to bring Him back what was His already.

My other conviction is through my Bible study about the Biblically beautiful woman. Arg!!! This week's lesson was on the Irritating Woman. Sadly, I have been that woman at times. Thank you God for continuing to work on me in this area. I have so many things to change.

Whew! So much to chew on! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!