May 5, 2009

Yep

How can it be that I only seem to get here just once a month??? I really do have good intentions, but things come up. : )

This weekend is Jae's 13th birthday party and of course Lisa will do the honors. My kids just would not have the b-day parties they have without her, and I am thankful! The theme is Superchick -- a rock star party with music, makeup, and loud, screamy girls. I'll have to fill you in more after the event takes place on Friday evening. Only one will be spending the night because I'm not completely stupid you know! : ) That would be just plain torture if 8 girls were here in one night.

A bit of stress again this week as I face the bills. I just sometimes feel like we'll never get over this financial hurdle. It just stinks when there are so many things we need (and want of course) but cannot buy right now. We had extra expenses with buying flood related things and from Sierra's IVP/VCUG. Always the one step forward and two steps back game for us. Do you ever just feel like God's not really caring about it? I know that's not true, but it sure seems like we are abandoned in the financial sense most times. I've been asking if there is something I'm supposed to be seeing, hearing, learning from all of this. We'll see what's to come. It's day by day, I guess.

My other dragon to slay...weight. I'm very discouraged by the usual battle of being overweight lately. I just can't seem t0 make any progress and I've certainly begun...OK, already did...give up.

Well, what a bundle of joy I am today! It's OK. We've been having lessons about being real to people and to God in Sunday school and in church, so I guess this is as real as it gets. I'm bummed about several things. Things will get better...I hope and am fairly certain. "Cheer up, for I have overcome the world!"

"Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant what I hope for." Job 6:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!