March 17, 2009

Any great thoughts?

I wanted to come up with some really deep philosophical topic this evening but, alas, I have no thoughts in my head at the moment. I am currently awaiting tech support for my transcription job, and the lady who said she would call right back has not called back in over 1 hour now. Sigh....

You know, I guess I could do the stream of consciousness type of writing where I just keep writing exactly what comes to my mind at the moment. Right now I am reminded of the national news story of the AIG execs who are being given millions of dollars in bonus pay. While the entire nation is in an uproar about AIG paying that money back, how about just saying to the people who are GETTING the money..."Hey, don't you think it's a bit criminal of you to even consider taking the money considering it's bankrupting your company as costing the taxpayers as well?" Just a thought. No one seems to be thinking the recipients of the money have any say in this matter. No, I would not want to give up my bonus either but, you know, if it is millions of dollars, I really think I could say that I'd be willing to take significantly less or delay the pay until a time when the business could actually afford it. Stellar thinking, I must say. I don't imagine we'll hear of any one of the recipients of the bonuses ever speak those words.

The weather has finally taken a turn for the better here in ND! I've nearly gone without a coat for most of the last few days. Hallelujah!

Oh! A call is coming in...I can go to be early! The tech department cannot locate the PIN number I need and won't be able to until morning. Yippe! I can play around on Facebook a bit more and head to bed. Maybe I'll have even greater thoughts next time. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd sure like to hear from you!